After dinner speech given on 18 June 2013 to members of the Real Time Club
at the National Liberal Club, Whitehall Place, London, SW1A 2HE
- What, exactly, is Bitcoin?
- Who invented it and who controls it?
- How is it created?
- Will Bitcoin replace State-sponsored currencies?
- Is it a threat or an opportunity for governments?
- Can a state adopt its own cryptocurrency?
In an age of e-commerce and electronic trading, where transactions are performed with a credit card, computer or a mobile device, could currency as we know it disappear altogether?